Pages

Monday 23 March 2015

Our Visit to Te Hana Marae





When we got to the village we started to look around.  We got to look at the Marae which was different to the other one. Mike showed us a weapon they used in the olden days. It was called a spear.
This is us going into the men's house in the village. They used this for meetings.


Here we are standing around the camp fire in the women's village.


This is were we got to listen to a legend that Mike told us. It was about princess Te Hana and a warrior who found love and this is the carving of them.


I went to the Marae. At the end of the visit we did a hongi.  I did not want to do it but I wanted to show respect so I did.  It was fun. By Seulgi

I did the hongi. I was a bit scared to do it at first but it was nice to have the experience and go home and tell my family I did it. By Kiara

It felt weird to touch noses with a man at first but l actually liked it so much that l even got a second turn. Awesome!  by Hayden

This is us waving, we went with Room 18

19 comments:

  1. i liked the trip but it took a long time
    leo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe kids liked the trip! I think they got a good experience about Maori culture. by Leo's mum Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks as if you all had a good time.This is an excellent way to keep in touch with school activities.
    Sam's nanny in Wales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you are enjoying reading about our class. Thank you for posting on our blog

      Delete
  4. This looks awesome! So interesting. It's really good to be able to see some of the photos here on room 17s blog. Looks like they all had a great time. Ashton really enjoyed the trip.
    By Ashton's mum Melissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. its was really fun I liked the cool houses

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was my first time I've been in Silverdale,Orewa,Puhoi,Warkworth and Wellsford.

    By Hayden

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was an amazing experience and we all got so much out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes I agree Mrs Wotton Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love hearing the story about Princess Te Hana!!!!!


    by Hajoo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Going to the marae was extremely fun!, loved it. Emily

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos! Emily's Dad

    ReplyDelete
  12. The bus drive was really long!. Emily xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Photo's looks cool, hope you all had fun :) Anrico's mum

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved to see those pictures.
    I'm sure was a amazing experience for my son.
    Murilo's mom

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved the story about princess Te Hana Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like an amazing time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just saying, I didn't really get a 2nd turn doing the hongi.

    By Hayden

    ReplyDelete
  18. I liked going to gym/Raymond

    ReplyDelete